Welcome to The Modern Sophisticate!

Hello!  Welcome to the Modern Sophisticate!

I am an interior designer living and working in the beautiful state of Utah.  My first memory of interior design was when I was 5 years old laying in bed and wondering if my mom gave me $500 how I would redesign my bedroom.  It wasn't until I was a river rafting guide on the Salmon River after high school when a fellow guide told me how much she enjoyed her interior design classes and I realized I could actually design for a living!  That following fall I enrolled in my first interior design class and discovered my life passion.  I graduated from Utah State University with my Bachelors in Interior Design and I started working at Bassett Furniture as a design consultant, helping everyday people live functionally and stylishly.


via Tommy Ton

The ever chic Elsie de Wolfe said, "I am going to make everything around me beautiful.  That will be my life."  I am taking this on as my mantra and will share my musings with you here. I can't wait to share with you great inspiration to help beautify your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment