Design Crush: Jeff Lewis

Tile, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, sinks... I've been up to my ears with all of these for the past week or so.  I'm working on a really fun home that is currently under construction and I've come to appreciate how the small details in a home can really make or break the ambiance.   The home is more of a 'Modern Craftsman' style and I can't help but think, "What would Jeff Lewis do?"


 
The master of contemporary chic has definitely been a design influence in my life.  The snarky and OCD Bravo reality star sure knows how to make a utility space not only functional but amazingly beautiful at the same time.  Take a look at some of my favorites:

House Beautiful 2010 Kitchen of the Year
 I just die over that light fixture.  Jeff had it imported from Germany, but I've been on the lookout for an American equivalent.  Another thing I hope to own before I die.





The above and below images are not kitchens or baths, but they are so gorgeous I couldn't leave them out!



Notice how all the kitchen cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling.  I think this is key in kitchen design.  It makes your kitchen look more grand and substantial, adds more storage space (and who doesn't need more of that), and gets rid of those awkward spaces that temp people to fill them with fake ivy and ceramic roosters.



Is that a globe pendant light I see?  This guy has amazing taste!

See more of Jeff's work at

1 comment: