Dreamin' Of A White Christmas

Sometimes the beautiful crimsons and evergreens of traditional Christmas decor just doesn't mix with certain rooms.  If this is your scenario, don't fret!  The great thing about celebrating Christmas these days, is that you're not expected to always go with the expected.  Don't be afraid of decorating in unexpected colors (like Tiffany blue) and funky accessories (like whimsical woodland tchochkes).  Here are some of my personal favorite non-traditional holiday rooms:


Flocking a tree is a great trick if you want to use a real evergreen in a more serene or modern space.
It makes the dark green much less harsh.



The blue floral is still festive while being an unexpected twist to your holiday table.



Simple, elegant, gorgeous.

I adore this room and it's no wonder-- it's designed by Sarah Richardson.



Nothing is easier and more elegant than filling a bowl full of silver ornaments.
I place my extra ornaments under a large cloche and group them with a pair of  mercury hurricane lanterns.
I love the way the candlelight from the lanterns play off the glittery baubles.

{above images via Canadian House and Home}

{Menorah via Pottery Barn}

And HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!   It only took me 3 days into Hanukkah... my bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment