The Mark Hotel, NYC

After a horrible weekend of nausea and a foggy head, I'm finally feeling like my old self.  Hallelujah!  Knock on wood that was my token winter illness.  Anyway, back to inspiring interior design!

I was reading Jan Shower's new notebook post about her recent trip to NYC where she stayed at The Mark Hotel on Madison Ave.  Apparently, it is an older hotel that was completely renovated by the renowned Jacques Grange in a style inspired by Paris circa 1930.  You know I had to research this further since vintage Parisian design is so up my alley!  I was not disappointed by what I found.

Grand Entrance
(LOVE the monogram)
Lobby
(You can never go wrong with black and white stripes! Classic.)

Hallway
("Jacques Grange decked the halls")

Jacques Grange hand selected each piece for every suite.
The yellow of the curtains is the perfect accent to the neutral room without being overbearing.

I adore the coffered ceiling and the use of chunky moldings to frame-in the walls.

A perfectly accessorized nightstand.

En Suite Dining with Adjacent Kitchen

Closet

Bathroom with Mirrored Flat-Screen Television

The piece de resistance of the entire hotel, in my opinion, are the bathroom vanities.  They were all custom-made for the hotel in a elegant Tiffany blue with stainless steel accents.  These would have looked as good 50 years ago as they do today and will continue to look just as fabulous for years to come.  This is what one strives for when designing permanent fixtures such as counter-tops, cabinetry, floors, ceilings, etc.  

Black, white and marble decked bathroom for the modern-day Audrey Hepburn.

Custom Vanity Exclusively Designed for The Mark.
Next time you are in NYC, need a place to stay, and have an extra grand or two to splurge, check out The Mark Hotel!  See more at:

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog, I'm excited to see more! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete