Art Crush: Rodney Smith

I have a serious new crush.  As I was researching black and white photography for my bedroom (as written about in this post), I came across the work of Rodney Smith.  It was love at first sight.  You may recognize images like this:

 
from Barbara Barry's furniture line in design magazines.  Rodney's work is classic with a huge dose of whimsy.  His images simply make me smile.  Take a look at some of my favs:





Doesn't the above remind you of the movie Big Fish?  I can relate, sista.  I can't find a comfortable mattress either...




It's a little silly how happy these make me.  He's kind of like the chic Tim Burton of photography.  I wouldn't mind waking up each morning to one of these, would you?  His website is under construction until Feb. 1st and I haven't been able to find any prints or books on other websites.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a 4x6 print isn't astronomically out of my price range, because I MUST have an original Rodney Smith print.  Must.  

See more of Rodney's work here:

{images via rodneysmith.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment