My Home Office Inspiration

I'm in the market for a new 'home office' for my living room.  The other day my husband informed me that he was really sick of our living room chairs and I that I needed to sell them.  For a man who has no opinions when it comes to... well, anything, this was definitely a shock!  Not that my chairs weren't cute (they were green and white houndstooth with black lacquered frames) he just knew they weren't 'me.'  So I placed them in the classifieds and they went to a cute young couple who just bought their first home.

Now I have a large area in front of a large picture window that is a blank canvas.  I've been toying around with the idea of adding a 'home office' area, as my apartment doesn't have a second bedroom or home office space.  After some tinkering around with some ideas, here is what I came up with so far:


I would swap out my green curtains for a pair of dove grey velvet panels, add a white Parson's desk, and a sleek lucite cantilever chair.  

(Clockwise from left)
1. Pottery Barn's Velvet Drape
2. Custom Abstract Painting from yours truly!!
4. Z Gallerie's Lotus Tealight Holder
5. West Elm's Cowhide Rug
6. Ikea's Tobias Rug
7. Bungalow 5's Parsons Console
8. Ikea's White Vases

Did you notice the abstract art?  It was my first attempt at being an artist.  I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  It's all because of my adorable muse, Jack.


He was a great help sitting on my lap, sniffing the paint, and getting in the way of my elbow with each stroke.  How could you get mad at a face that sweet though?

So what do you think?  Should I purchase two more chairs that are more 'me' or does a home office in a living room fit the bill?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should go with home office! How often have you needed people to sit in those chairs? But I am more about function than fashion, I must say! It's fun to do something new, and that abstract art is great! I love it! Can't wait to see you guys in June!

    ReplyDelete